Friday, March 12, 2010

Larry's B-Day Flyers Game



So.....my first born turned 13!!!!!!!! I really still can't wrap my head around that. When I asked what he wanted to do for his grand day, he pondered it for about 3 seconds and says,"well....we can take a few friends to the movies...OR......GO TO A FLYERS GAME!!!" The latter being said with the exuberance one would have after being told they won the lottery.

So I went to work, looking for just the right game/team and date.....and of course I wanted great seating. Since this was his only request, I was not going to skimp on the seats, but I also wasn't going to be forced to pay the over-inflated charges of a StubHub. I asked my darling husband if he wanted to go, as I thought best to just get 2 tickets. He declined, and inside I was screaming like a lil' school girl, I looooove going to these games. I took this task very seriously, and one can say I was bordering on obsession. I came across a link w/i the Flyers website that allows season ticket holders to sell off there tickets. This was the best thing I have discovered in a looong time (cue the Angels singing). I was able to get tickets that were no longer available for generic sale(3 rows off ice), and the price was nowhere near as inflated as my other option would have been.

When my darling husband(the one mentioned above) saw the amazing location of said tickets, his tune changed and said,"I can take him"....FAT CHANCE BUDDY! He had his chance!

My amazing 13 y.o and I (I'm hoping the more I say it, I may start to believe it), set out on our journey on 3/11 to see the Bruins play our Flyers. The Flyers lost, but the experience was amazing. We jumped out of our seats quit a few times as these Gladiators came crashing into the glass right before our eyes, close enough to reach out and touch(ok, imagine glass partition removed). The look on his 13 y.o lil' face every time he said to me,"Mom, I can't believe they are RIGHT there!!!!" was MY gift :)

No comments:

Post a Comment