Saturday, January 8, 2011

Weekend Snow Day? We'll take it!




I was awakened at 7 am by my wonderful four-legged Alarm clocks, that wanted to go outside.
When they completed their task, back to bed we 3 went, while the other 3 (two-legged) family members slept. It seemed like 5 minutes later, but, actually it was about two hours later, my children were squealing with delight over the SNOW! OK, maybe it wasn't 'squealing' but on a Saturday morning that one hopes to catch up on a bit of sleep deprivation, it sounds like SQUEALING!!!! The other thought I had was, "they are insane, I was just up, there was no snow."

Well, the joke was on me, the fluffy white stuff must have started when I shut the door at 7 am, and crawled back in my cocoon, and it apparently did not let up. I am one who enjoys snow days. Let me clarify, snow days where none of my loved ones or I have to be out driving in it, today met that criteria. The next thought was, "I have no food!, why didn't I go get that milk last night?" Oh, yeah, because this snow caught me totally off guard. Last night, I took the boy shopping for some much needed sneakers. It was actually a quit enjoyable time spent with my oldest. As we left the Shopping Center I had to drive past the Grocery Store, I chose to squash the little voice that said,"run in and get those few items that are desperately needed in the fridge." Instead, I laughed at that little voice, with a flippant," there's always tomorrow" you see where this is going? We arrived home, and I speak with my Mom on the phone. She asks if I heard that there's going to be snow on Saturday? I double check with the resident Meteorologist (my hubs) who states he thinks it's not suppose to snow until Tuesday. Mom and I end our call, and I settle into a (false) sense of security that we will not deal with white stuff until next week. Well, that wasn't true, as referenced by above information regarding squealing children. The phone rang at 9:10 am this morning, just so my Mother could say, "TOLD YOU SO!"

Let the Good Times Roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment