Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Year, again?







Really, it feels like we just did this! Ready or NOT, here comes 2011.

This is another one of those Holidays that we do here, in our home (read:MORE cleaning, MORE stress)I am glad that this event has grown, and that there are actually people who look forward to joining us each year. That fact still blows me away, but they all do still show up, so I'm gonna run with it :)

The kids look at this as their party. They love being home and they love parties, win/win. When all is said and done, there really is no reason to stress the condition of my home for this event. The people who come are the most relaxed, enjoyable people I have had the pleasure of knowing. We hae a house full of kids, and that is not an exaggeration. The run freely and happy in my messy house (that I say was pristine, but 'those darn kids'....yes, I blame the kids, it works ;)

We eat, we drink, we laugh...neighbors (new & old) who haven't a chance to really connect for awhile due to busy lives, sit and chat. Babies are passed around and loved. I look around, and I am....happy. I would not want to ring in this inevitable New Year, any other way!

An amazing New Year's Day meal was lovingly prepared for us by Mom McCay. Pork and Sauerkraut, always a crowd pleaser. We left with bellies full and heart's content. Prepared to meet 2011 head-on, Bring it!!!!

and a P.S.....we snuck in some sledding time at MOM MOM's hill as Juls calls it. It is a hill at my parents development that Jul and my Mom always walk to and Jul proceeds to roll down. She had a light bulb moment when she thought of the added fun snow would lend to the experience. So off we went, We visited with my parents for a bit and dropped off some Christmas meal to them. Good day indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment