Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Valentine's Day!






The Day of Love. Although I am not a fan of the 'Hallmark' Holidays, there is something to be said for setting aside a day to show those you love a little extra acknowledgment.

As a little girl, my hardworking father ALWAYS made sure to remember my Mother & I in some special way on this Day of Love. He had ordered a delivery to be made, which for some reason made it seem more spectacular. Waiting for that knock on the door and seeing something coming through the door with your name on it made a girl feel very special.

My Mother's would be an amazing bouquet of Pinks and Reds that just took your breath away. Mine would be a simple little collection of carnations (my fave) or daisies with Babies Breath, possibly a Rose added for good measure. And always an adorable stuffed animal attached. It made a little girl feel.....special and loved. Not because it was a 'purchased' gift, but because it was my Dad's thoughts/feelings all rolled up in the loveliness of it all. It said to us, "you are important to me to continue to honor this tradition." And, it was a tradition he continued up until my first year of Marriage, then he handed the 'job' over to my husband :) I Love seeing my little girl light up when her Daddy makes the fuss over her now. The light in her eyes tells the story, in that moment, I AM SPECIAL, I AM LOVED!

No comments:

Post a Comment